Terrence T. Wheeler
Attorney at Law
Terry Wheeler is a partner of the law firm and has been licensed to practice law since November 4, 1985. Terry began his career as a staff attorney for the Franklin County Municipal Court, then joined the Ohio Commission on Dispute Resolution & Conflict Management as associate director, and then became a director for the Center for Dispute Resolution at Capital University Law School. Terry joined ADW in June 2001 and became a partner on January 1, 2009. Since joining ADW, Terry practices law primarily in the areas of employment, criminal, and civil litigation. He also serves as a mediator.
Terry continues his involvement with dispute resolution at Capital University Law School by serving as a director for the Center for Dispute Resolution and adjunct professor of law teaching negotiation, mediation and mediation clinic. He serves as an adjunct professor for the Mortiz College of Law at The Ohio State University.
Terry is a former president of the board for the Association for Conflict Resolution. He has been mediating since 1983 and has been actively involved in the development of the Uniform Mediation Act and the Model Standards of Conduct for Mediators, as well as many other state and national initiatives. In addition, to teaching and training, Terry serves as a private mediator.
- Civil Litigation
- Mediation – Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- The Supreme Court of Ohio, 1985
- Bar of District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1990 (inactive)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2003
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2008
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Associatin
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Mediation Association
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Juris Doctor (1985); Founding member and Article Editor of The Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism (1982)