Dispute Resolution Services

Substantial Dispute Resolution Options

At the Columbus firm of Artz, Dewhirst & Wheeler, LLP, we fully embrace a wide variety of dispute resolution methods in our practice. We have a reputation for robust results through the means of:

  • Arbitration
  • Facilitation
  • Mediation
  • Conflict resolution

Our experience and skill are also sought after by individuals and organizations that wish to learn about these dispute resolution options. Here are brief descriptions of the ways we facilitate solutions.


In arbitration, a neutral third party conducts an informal hearing and makes a decision based on the facts presented. Types of arbitration include private binding arbitration and court-connected non-binding arbitration. This approach uses up less time and money compared to court litigation.


Facilitation is a conflict-resolution approach where a neutral person helps a group work together more effectively. Businesses, government agencies and nonprofits often use this method to solve conflicts over matters such as zoning, environmental issues and agency service coordination.


A mediator is a neutral third party who facilitates a solution-finding process for two parties to settle a dispute. Both individuals and organizations use this approach where the parties involved remain in control of the process. It is a popular method to decide divorce issues as well as post-decree modifications. At Artz, Dewhirst & Wheeler, LLP, we provide both mediation services and legal counsel for those preparing to participate in mediation.


Our firm administers training in mediation and conflict resolution at the Center for Dispute Resolution at Capital University Law School. Subjects covered in our training include:

  • Mediation effectiveness
  • Negotiation
  • Ethics
  • Divorce

Training can also be tailored to meet the specific needs of your group.

Contact Our Attorneys Today

Give Artz, Dewhirst & Wheeler, LLP, a call at 614-221-0944 to find out more about the dispute resolution approaches that may apply to your situation. You can also use our online form.